July 27, 2015

Motivational Monday? Yeah right...

   

“Love is bullshit. Emotion is bullshit. I am a rock. A jerk. I'm an uncaring asshole and proud of it.” 

“Ok. You f#ck me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total asshole. Is this a pretty accurate description of our relationship.” 

- Chuck Palahniuk
        
If you don't know who this guy is, I'll tell you: he wrote FIGHT CLUB.

What he's also famous for - but he doesn't know it yet - is the fact that, with these two quotes, he described me and all my relationshits so well .

How do we know we've done everything when a relationship comes to an end or just...not working anymore? 
Is it...possible to actually be objective about this? About the efforts that we've put into it?
    Because...let's be honest: the other thinks the same! 


The conclusion I've reached so far: we can't win this! There are actually no winners here. Ever!
        So...don't beat yourself too hard and, no matter how difficult it seems at the beginning, it gets harder in time! :-) Kidding ...just kidding!
Or am I?

   It only gets harder if you let it and put yourself down. 

  Why am I telling you all this? 
Well...cause today I've had one of the shittiest days in my long distance relationshit life so...naturally, I have to spit it out cause, otherwise, I'll drive myself crazy.

Really now, I think I'd make an interesting case for any psychiatrist.


Sometimes I feel I'm still a teenager when it comes to my romantic life. Yes, I am talking about those 17 years spent in relationships. 



When does it get better? Or easier? 
For me, I think - NOT AS LONG AS THE KID IS STILL IN HIS 20'S.

I still wonder if it's normal (at my age) to long for this:

I am not the kind who will settle for any relationship just for the sake of being in one or with someone. 
Not even at my age. 

I saw this pic today and thought: this should be true for every man!



No comments:

Post a Comment